Are you stuck in a sheep cyclone?
This is what teamwork and collaboration looks like at its best:
This is what it looks like at it’s worst:
Here are three signs you are stuck in a collaboration sheep cyclone:
- You have a recurring meeting and the agenda items haven’t changed in over a month
- You propose a ridiculous idea as a joke and at least 1 person says “great idea”
- Your results don’t change even though everyone is “working hard”
What do you do to break out of the cycle? Here are some things to try – I’d love to hear what works for you!
- Cancel Meetings – The best way to get out of a rut caused by meetings is to cancel them and then reform (if you need to) with a fresh agenda and a new set of goals.
- End a Failing Initiative – Sometimes a project has died but no one wants to admit it. Take a hard look at your team’s portfolio and if you identify a failed project, reboot it if it has to get done or get rid of it if it’s just wasting everyone’s time and sucking the energy out of your team..
- Try a Change of Scenery – Schedule an offsite and get everyone up out of their chairs and into a fresh perspective. Revisit your goals and how they are aligned with the organization.
Now it’s your turn – what breaks you out of a sheep cyclone?